RECIPE: ONE-PAN CHICKEN SAUSAGE & VEG
Getting your protein and veggies all in one shot makes this recipe a great week-night go-to dish.
The prep is pretty quick and you don’t make a mess of your stove, so the clean up is minimal. Just an added bonus!
PREP TIME: 5-10 min
COOK TIME: 35-45 min
¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
1 sachet TASTE OF TUSCANY spice blend
1 lb (450 g) cauliflower florets (bloemkool)
1 lb (450 g) Brussels sprouts (spruitjes), cleaned and trimmed
2 red onions, cut into wedges
4-6 Italian sausages (chicken, pork or veggie sausages)
OPTIONAL GARNISH: thick, aged balsamic vinegar
1) Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F
2) Combine olive oil and TASTE OF TUSCANY spice blend in a large bowl and mix well.
3) Add all the vegetables and mix well so they all get a nice coating of the oil and seasoning.
4) Tip the vegetables into a roasting dish, crack over with salt to taste, and then snuggle the sausages down into the veggies.
5) Drizzle a little more olive oil over the tops of the sausages (this will ensure nice browned skin).
6) Cook for 30-40 minutes (until sprouts are tender), then turn the oven’s heat to the top down source (grill/broiler) and cook for another 5 minutes to further brown the tops of the sausages and veggies.
If you have it, then a drizzle of a very fine, aged, thick balsamic vinegar for a nice kick of flavor. Transfer to individual plates and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Cathy Menees
The prep time will vary...if you buy pre-cut cauliflower & pre-trimmed and Brussels sprouts, then your prep time is 5 minutes. If not, well a head of cauliflower is about 3 minutes to chop up and the Brussels sprouts will take you about 5-7 minutes. So just keep that in mind for your planning.
Hands-on time: 5-10 minutes
Total time for prep and cook: 45-55 min
You’ll only be ‘busy’ with this for about 5-10 minutes to prep the veggies and get everything into a roasting dish. Then just let the oven do the work!