BALSAMIC-GLAZED SALMON WITH BROCCOLI
Delicious, easy, healthy, keto-friendly, one-pan-meal that is fast and easy to throw together. What’s not to love?
Salmon cooked with a balsamic glaze and garnished with fresh chilies and green onion
PREP TIME: 5-10 min
COOK TIME: 15 min
1 head broccoli
1 TBSP (15 ml) olive oil for the broccoli
Salt & pepper to season
4 salmon filets
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp (5 ml) balsamic vinegar
1 tsp (5 ml) honey (or sweetener of choice)
3 TBSP (30 ml) olive oil for the glaze
(TIP: Remove salmon from the fridge at 15-20 minutes before cooking so it can come closer to room temperature)
1) Preheat oven to 350F / 180C
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly oil to avoid sticking).
3) Cut broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces, add to a bowl with 1 TBSP olive oil and mix well.
4) Spread broccoli out onto the baking sheet, season with a bit of salt, then push to the edges of the sheet to make room for the salmon.
5) Add garlic, balsamic, honey and 3 TBSP olive oil, to a small bowl and mix well to form a sticky glaze.
6) Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides and place in between the broccoli.
7) Distribute glaze mixture evenly over the pieces of the salmon and rub in with the back of a spoon.
8) Cook 12 minutes, then switch the heat source to top (grill/broil) and cook for another 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
Garnish with slices of fresh green onion and chili pepper as desired
Recipe & Photo Credit: Cathy Menees
OVEN COOK TIME
The cooking time will vary by the thickness of your salmon filets. The best test of ‘doneness’ for salmon is when the white protein starts to bubble and leak out the sides.